Public service commission which is shortly known as PSC is a state government-maintaining recruitment agency.In which the jobs are given in the fields like Civil service, defence, medical and engineering.Not only this they also recruit the Group A officials of the state.
About the public service commission, a separate article named as article 315 to 323 which belongs to part XIV is mentioned in the constitution of the India. All the commission’s salary and expenditure is paid using the state government consolidated fund itself. It the agency from where thousands of government officials are allocated their respective jobs every year through a written entrance exam.
Functions of the PSC
Since public service commission is the major body behind the allotment process of government jobs.To perform this process in a perfect manner they need to come across several processes. They are,
- For the development and the advising process of the service delivery, commissioners are responsible.
- It monitors the implementation and formulation of the projects that are approved by the government.
- They have predefined qualities like training, succession planning, staff mobility, performance managing and recognition management.
- Each and every person under the team of the public service commission will take the local audits of the government agency and boards the promotions, transfer, and disciplinary things which are used to reform the communication process of the government.
- Offer advice too the government on the government structure, government strategies and practices also.
Almost all the posts that are given to an individual in the government department will require certain amount of qualification and knowledge in the field that they are applying for. This can know to an official only through the entrance exams. This exam which is conducted by the public service commission is called the as PSC exam.
This PSC exam is conducted every year and every state has their own PSC exams.This exam is divided into three stages. Because all these stages are used to filter the well-qualified people from the normal one ‘s.The three stages are the preliminary exam, major exam and finally the face to face interview with officials.The candidate must clear first two tests to enter into the interview round.Objective type of questions are present in the in both exams but the syllabus may vary from state to state. Because some states include their regional languages also.
Also read: What is the full form of PSI?
list of the exams conducted by the PSC
since each and every state is having different syllabus. Because of which every state is conducting separate exam with the help of the different government board maintenance .
The list of boards which conduct exams are,
Tamilnadu public service commission (TNPSC).
Gujarat public service commission (GPSC)
Maharashtra public service commission (MPSC)
Andhra Pradesh public service commission (APPSC).
Telangana public service commission (TSPSC).
Assam public service commission (APSC)
Kerala public service commission (Kerala PSC) and so on.
Like this for all the states present in our country is having separate boards for conducting the PSC exams.