When it comes to top internet service providers (ISP), Verizon Fios is one of the first names that we think of. Verizon Fios is also promoted as Fios by Verizon. It is a bundled telephone, internet access, and television service. They have more than 5 million customers across nine states in the US.
They operate over a fiber-optic communications network and are known for their top-notch internet service. To get the most out of your internet connection you need the best router for Verizon Fios.
If you are a new customer and want to set up your Verizon Fios router by yourself, you are in the right place. In this post, we will provide you a step-by-step guide to set up your Verizon Fios router.
Steps to Set-Up Verizon Fios Router
Setting up a Verizon Fios router can be an easy task if you know the steps. But sometimes users get confused. To help you out, we have laid down a step-by-step guide. Go through the steps and you will know what to do.
Step 1: Connect Gateway To The Internet (WAN)
If you are using a coax WAN connection, then connect one end of the coax cable to the available coax port on your wall. The other end of the coax cable needs to be hooked to the new Gateway.
For those who are using an Ethernet WAN connection, connect one end of the white Ethernet cable to the given Ethernet port on the wall, while connecting the other end to the White Ethernet port on the Gateway.
Step 2: Connect Power
The next step is to plug the power adaptor into the green DC jack on the Gateway. Then plug it into a power source.
Step 3: Wait For The Power Light
Now keep a check on the power light on the front of the Gateway. It will go from blinking to solid in few minutes. However, if the power light doesn’t become solid even after several minutes, then there is some problem. In this case, you should check the troubleshooting steps.
Also read: How to Renew/change your DHCP IP address?
Step 4: Personalise Gateway
This is an optional step but we have provided the steps, so you can customize your Gateway.
- The first thing you need to do is open your web browser.
- Next, type myfiosgateway.com into the address bar.
- Locate the administrator password given on the side of Gateway. You need to enter the same in the given box on the screen.
- You will be shown many on-screen directions. You must follow all of them to personalize your new Gateway.
How to change Verizon Fios Wi-Fi name or password?
Verizon Fios provides various ways to change Wi-Fi password or name. You can use the following:
- My Verizon
- My Fios app
- Router Label
You can change your Wi-Fi credentials at any time you wish. After you make the necessary changes make sure that you reconnect to a Wi-Fi device using the same Wi-Fi network credentials.
Changing Verizon Wi-Fi credentials in your router manually:
- First, open your browser and then enter 192.168.1.1
- Now you need to sign in using your router credentials.
- You can locate the default router password on the device label. Your router’s name is Admin.
- In case, you changed your router password before and don’t remember it, then you will have to factory reset your router.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you should be able to change your router’s password or name without any hassles.
Verizon Fios provides a fast and reliable internet connection. If you have newly subscribed to their service, you are in for some great speed. But before that, you need to set up your router following the steps mentioned in this post.