Instagram is an excellent medium for exploring new stuff that aligns with your preferences. But what if your interests have changed?
Whatever you are seeing on your Explore page suddenly becomes irrelevant. Then, you do not like your Instagram Explore page and want to change it. But can you do that?
Yes, you can change your Instagram Explore page. In this blog, we will cover a few methods using which you can change your Explore page easily.
But before diving into it, let us see what an Instagram Explore page is and how it works. So, read on to find out everything about the Instagram Explore page.
- 1 What Is An Instagram Explore Page?
- 2 How Does It Work?
- 3 How To Change Instagram Explore Page?
What Is An Instagram Explore Page?
The Explore Tab on Instagram is the page that opens once you click the Magnifying Lens button in the row at the bottom of your screen. It displays what you’re interested in, including posts, reels, and videos to catch your attention.
Thus, your Instagram Explore page assists you in discovering new material by displaying content relevant to you.
How Does It Work?
You must be wondering how does Instagram select these posts, videos, or reels in general? To answer it, Instagram works on an algorithm. These algorithms keep on updating as your app updates providing new features and more suitable content for the users.
For a layman, an algorithm is a set of codes that guide a procedure step by step. This algorithm notices how you spend your time on the app and suggests posts on Explore Page accordingly.
Any of the following things could influence the posts on your Explore page:
- Photos, videos, and reels you have liked
- Your Instagram followers
- Your Saved posts
- Instagram’s suggested content
- And, posts similar to the ones you have viewed earlier.
Do you want to know why you see the post on your Explore Tab?
When you choose a post from your Explore feed, Instagram will inform you why that post appears on your Explore page at the bottom of that post. So, check it out from there to know the reason!
How To Change Instagram Explore Page?
However, seeing the same content over time can bore you. Imagine watching the same dance video for the 100th time on Instagram. Who wants to see that? Right?
If you are struggling with the same issue, it is best to reset your Instagram Explore page and revamp the content you consume entirely.
Let us see the top five methods to change your Explore Page instantly on Instagram:
1. Change And Control The Content You See
Modifying your Instagram activity is the best approach to alter the content on your Explore page.
For example, you will see a lot of cosmetic stuff if you follow a lot of beauty bloggers. If you do not wish to see them on your Explore page, do not watch content created by them.
Even if Instagram suggests some posts, the content you view is substantially dependent on your interaction. As a result, who you follow on Instagram has a significant impact on your Instagram experience.
So be aware of who you follow on Instagram and what posts you view, like, and share on the app. It will determine the Explore feed you see majorly.
Also read: 5 Tips to Help You Get More Instagram Likes
2. Clear Instagram Search History
One thing that influences your Instagram Explore page is the browsing history. So, whatever you have searched will surface on your explore page.
Instagram remembers the accounts you have looked at and will present you with more of their content. So, if you want to change your Explore Feed entirely, here is what you can do:
- Go to Instagram Settings.
- Click on the Security option.
- Scroll down to the Data and History section.
- Click on Search History. You will find all your recent searches there.
- If you want to clear all the search history, click on Clear All at the top right corner of the page.
- A popup box appears indicating that you will not be able to undo the changes made.
- Click on the Clear All option again to clear your search history.
- Otherwise, you can individually cross the searches displayed on the screen.
If you recently upgraded your Instagram app, you will observe that Search History is no longer under Data and History. Don’t be concerned!
Only individuals who have upgraded their Instagram on iPhone or Android will note that this option is no longer available.
3. Change Settings On Your Explore Feed Manually
If you don’t want to alter your Instagram Explore page entirely but want to remove some specific posts, this method is for you.
Follow the steps below to remove simply a single post from your Explore tab. Later, you can apply the same technique to other posts you no longer wish to see.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Login to your account.
- Go to the Magnifying lens at the bottom of the screen. Your explore page will appear.
- Scroll through the page and find the post you are least interested to see.
- Open the post.
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the post.
- Select the second option “Not Interested” from the options available to you.
- A popup message will appear “This post has been hidden. We’ll show fewer posts like this from now on.”
- Repeat the same with other posts you want to remove.
4. Clear Cache On Your Phone
The Instagram Explore page can become messed up owing to cache troubles. However, you may rapidly resolve this issue by clearing the cache on your phone.
Here are the steps you can follow to clear the cache from your Android smartphone:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down and click on the Apps option.
- Now, search for Instagram in the app list. Once you find it, click on it.
- Click on the Storage option.
- You will see the space used by the cache there.
- On the bottom right corner, click on the “Clear Cache”. You are good to go now.
- Reopen your Instagram account and see if your Explore Page looks better now.
5. Reinstall Instagram App
If you are an iOS user, you cannot clear the cache of the Instagram app like the Android devices. The only way to get rid of it is to delete the app and reinstall it.
So, here is what you need to do:
- Log out from your Instagram App.
- Then, long-press the app icon till a menu appears.
- Select Remove App from the menu.
- You will see a prompt appear. Click on Delete App.
- Finally, go to the App Store and reinstall the Instagram app.
Instagram is one of the most popular apps on the Internet. It provides you an opportunity to create unique content and follow your favorite celebrities and creators to see their creative content.
However, it also has a drawback. Your Explore feed is filled with the same content. Thus, you cannot explore the diverse form of content it provides. It is why changing your feed is useful.
We have mentioned some super easy and fast techniques for you to change your Instagram Explore feed. Try these out and get the desired results.
We hope these methods work for you as they did for us.