If you want to create and manage text documents on your Windows 7 based computer, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will teach you the right and easiest ways to make text files to compile a data. We will also suggest how you can manage documents after creating them, although Documentation management system is very helpful for managing a large collection of data files.
Let’s get stated…
The easiest method to create a text document in Windows 7 is to use the Explorer context menu . As you know, there is a separate function called “Create” , which you will need to use, and the whole process looks like this:
- Make a Right click over a blank portion inside any folder or over the desktop screen. When the menu appears, move the cursor to the “Create” item
- Calling the New menu to create a text document via the Explorer context menu in Windows 7
- Another menu will be displayed, where you should select the “Text Document” item .
- Selecting the option to create a text document via the Explorer context menu in Windows 7
- Assign it a file name and hit the Enter key to make changes. Next, open the file.
- Switching to editing a text document after creation via the Explorer context menu in Windows 7
- Modify the contents and save all changes via the menu “File” , or by using hot key the Ctrl + the S .
- Editing a text document after creation via the Explorer context menu in Windows 7
Likewise, you can create an unlimited number of text documents, edit them, send to other users, or use for your own purposes.
Method 2: Notepad program
When considering the previous method, you should have noticed that by default the created text document is opened through the Notepad application, in which further editing is performed. Accordingly, you can do without the Explorer context menu by simply launching this software and starting editing.
- Browse the “Start menu”
- Now select the search bar.
- Type Notepad to open it.
- Enter the name of the application and launch it through the search results.
- Start typing or paste the previously copied text.
- Entering content to create a text document via Notepad in Windows 7
- When finished, call the “File” menu and select the “Save” item . Instead, you can use the standard keyboard shortcut the Ctrl + the S
- Go to saving a text document after creation via Notepad in Windows 7
- In the save window, first, specify the path where you want to place the file, then give it a name and confirm the action.
- Entering a title for a text document after creating via Notepad in Windows 7
If desired, this application can be completely brought to the desktop or pinned to the taskbar.
Also read: 4 Legal Tips for Startups
Method 3: WordPad
WordPad is a more advanced version of the text editor discussed above, which is also installed by default in Windows 7 and is suitable for creating a document. In this case, the algorithm of actions practically does not change.
Find WordPad through the same Start menu and run this program. If its shortcut is located on your desktop, you can use it to open the software.